Friday, August 22, 2008

WHERE I'M FROM
I am from crashing waves, from rocky paths and the smell of pine.I am from the rooms built by my father's hands, carefully chosen antique treasures and creativity in bloom.I am from the lavender rustling as you pass, the pine trees creaking in the wind and snow covered mountain tops.I am from a fern called the Candy tree and wearing green on St. Patrick's Day, from baby chicks chirping and waking up at dawn to bottle feed orphaned calves, from Eva and Irene, from Adams and Dohoney.I am from stubborness and adventure.From "you can do anything you put your mind to" and "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".I am from proud Catholics and strong Episcopalians, from Jesus Northwest, Nightwatch and singing Carmen and Toby Mac songs at the top of my lungs.I'm from the Emerald City, the Snoqualmie Valley, View Park Road and the Land of Enchantment.From clam bakes on a stone covered beach and huge family gatherings, freezing cold River Runs and Halloween extravaganzas.I am from love and commitment to God and family.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love this, and will give it a try!
Nice challenge, and it's great to see you posting again!
Cat